MANAGEMENT/UNION NEGOTIATIONS SESSION
FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 9, 2001
MANAGEMENT TEAM MEMBERS: Bob McNamara; Sally Smith; Carolyn Howell; George John; Joe Childers; Lee Etter; Pablo Rodriguez; Pete Heins; Teresa Briley, Darryl Roberts; Debra Williams;
UNION TEAM MEMBERS: Brenda Adrine; Ernest Smith; Kelley Dull; Faye Williams; Rodney Badley; Marilyn Hicks; Ron Coe; Cassandra Williams; Charles Coates; Charles Warlick; Frank Rock.
NOTETAKERS: Angela Beltowski and Donna Wayne.
BANK OF AMERICA
Discussion of language proposed by management.
Request clarification on the fee charged to the employee for administrative fees on salary offset.
Travel advance procedures were discussed. If a person doesn’t have a card, for whatever reason, they can get a travel advance and will not be penalized.
The Council will get the travel card guide and review. It is of the interest of the agency to get the person either a card or an advance since they are traveling for the agency.
Agree that the language as written will go out by e-mail to all employees.
- Briefing given by Sharon Brustad and Jim Pince (from EM&I contractor with DFAS).
- The policies have been out there they are just now in one place.
- Anything that applies to IT will be included in the 80001.R.
- Changes that were done on Nov 2, 01 were cosmetic, grammar and link problems. When changes are done they will go to Teresa to send to the team. Is it true that 80001.R is not new and has always been there? Yes. Some policies in the regulation are in different formats because that’s how they were done originally. DOD establishes when DFAS comes on line on IT security issues.
- Concern is that is there has been a demand to bargain in for two years and has not been done.
- If there is any adverse impact on PKI it will come back to the Council for I & I.
- The PKI certificate requires a background check and could lead to an employee to not be able to use a system necessary for their job.
- A management right is not an adverse action on an employee. Is there a PKI initiative out there? Yes.
- All employees must have a certain amount of training on the computers to use them. It is not a pre-condition for employment. This was complied with by DFAS at the end of 2000. It is not a formal certification.
- Only a briefing or CD-ROM training. This is a DOD wide initiative.
- What is PKI (Public Key Infrastructure) and what is it supposed to do?
- It is a tool to encrypt information, identify user, data integrity, digital signature that can be checked and validated. Certificate binds the public key with a person’s identification.
- All DOD employees must have a private key by the end of Oct. 2002, may not meet this goal. DOD is having trouble on getting this done and in what form it will be done. A card reader is part of the computer and must be scanned to log on the computer. DFAS may not have a problem with the goal of 2002.
- Admin Services will actually be the ones to implement the access (smart) cards. Every DOD employee who sends another DOD employee an e-mail will be required to digitally sign it by the end of Oct. 2002.
For the Record: As far as 80001.R we would like to accept as is with the understanding that as issues arise we will be able to negotiate and that we will get all information as it becomes available. It is agree that all items up for negotiation will be identified and sent in a separate e-mail so that there will be no confusion.
Language is on the table for Business Line executives written by Pete.
1st para - None
BLE’s, SSE’s, Directors of the HQ’s Elements
Change to read, "not earlier than the beginning of rating period and NLT 60 days after start of rating period."
Change – "DFAS/AFGE Council 171
Change 30 days to "45 days"
Change to: "choosing NLT 30 days prior to implementation."
Add: "BLE’s/SSE’s and Director’s of the HQ’s Elements"
Delete "Upon request…"
Change to: "AFGE president or designee"
Delete – "business line"
Change "training" to "instruction"
Add to Cover & add as last Bullet: Deviation from the checklist requires Council Approval. Contact Headquarters Corporate Management Services, Labor Relations.
Ernest Smith Robert McNamara
President, AFGE Council 171 Management Co-Chair DFAS/AFGE
National Negotiating Team